Sunday, December 20, 2009

Milk Production Data



(click on image to enlarge)

I guess I am amazed at the milk production figures for November 2009 released by USDA on Friday. If any one had suggested, a year ago, milk production would remain so high for nearly a year of low prices I could not have believed them.

The batteries have long ago died on my crystal ball, so I am left to guess. My guess is that production will drop with a lag even though farm milk prices are rising.

Farmers are just plain running out of steam. In this season of giving, dairy farmers have more than should be asked of anyone.

The holidays will not be easy for most all American dairy farmers but, please love those near to you.

My friends, pray to God for gladness. Be glad as children, as the birds of heaven. And let not the sin of men confound you in your doings. Fear not that it will wear away your work and hinder its being accomplished. Do not say, "Sin is mighty, wickedness is mighty, evil environment is mighty, and we are lonely and helpless, and evil environment is wearing us away and hindering our good work from being done." Fly from that dejection, children!


From: “Brothers Karamazov”

No comments:

Post a Comment