Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ADPI Meeting

I'm just back from Chicago, where I attended the annual American Dairy Products Institute meeting.

It is late, very late. The last 18 miles I did not see another vehicle on the road - kind of reaffirmed I was near home.

You could not have found a consensus of opinion among the attendees. Some of the presenters talked about the prices may have peaked. Needless to say risk management was advocated.

Others think prices are really going to take off in the second half of the year.

The China deal is very big on peoples minds. I should have quite a bit more on that in the next couple days.

I spoke to a young woman from China (looking to buy U.S.dairy products). She thought there would be no problem for her company. They have six companies which can repackage the products. They were very well connected, she assured me. Of course, that is not necessarily an official position.

No comments:

Post a Comment